Erosion protection, sediment control design and stormwater management are essential to every project in order to mitigate construction impacts to surface waters and surrounding property. In response to increased development, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) expanded the Clean Water Act (CWA) to require municipal, industrial and construction activities to obtain permits for discharges of stormwater runoff.
ACI’s Stormwater Management program is capable of navigating the complex regulatory environment of the CWA including the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Colorado Discharge Permitting System (CDPS), and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). ACI provides stormwater planning and permitting requirements for various industries throughout the southwest region including oil and gas construction, transportation, utility projects, wetland mitigation projects, as well as residential and commercial development servicing federal, state, tribal, local and private entities.
Specific aspects of our Stormwater Management program include:
- Preparation of NPDES Permit Applications
- Preparation of Stormwater Management Plans (SWMP)
- Preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SPPP)
- Best Management Practice (BMP) recommendations
- Routine and post-storm event site inspections and reporting including reviewing existing BMPs